Information for authors
Journal of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (JTAM) is devoted to all aspects of solid mechanics, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics and applied problems of structural mechanics, mechatronics, biomechanics and robotics. Both theoretical and experimental papers as well as survey papers can be proposed.
We accept articles in English only. The text of JTAM paper should not exceed 12 pages of standard format A4 (11-point type size, including abstract, figures in grey scale, tables and references).
The material for publication should be sent to the Editorial Office by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org as a pdf file, supplemented by source files including
- LATEX or TEX or Word document file
- graphical files in grey scale, 300 dpi, in print quality (e.g.: ∗.png, ∗.bmp, ∗.jpg, ∗.eps)
The author(s) declare that the paper:
- presents their own work which does not been infringe any third-party rights, especially authorship of any part of the article
- is an orginal contribution, not published before and not being under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Papers are accepted for publication after the review process. Blind review model is applied, which means that the reviewers' names are kept confidential to the authors. Reviewer(s) declare that there is no interpersonal relation with the author(s) that would affect the opinion and recommendation of the article for publication in JTAM. The final decision on paper acceptance belongs to the Editorial Board.
Requirements for paper preparation
Contents of the manuscripts should appear in the following order:
Title of the paper
Author’s full name, affiliation and e-mail
Short absract (maximum 100 words) and 3-5 keywords (1 line)
Article text (equations should be numbered separately in each section; each reference should be cited in the text by the last name(s) of author(s) and the publication year)
References in alphabetical order. See the following:
1. Achen S.C., 1989, A new boundary integral equation formulation, Journal of Applied Mechanics, 56, 2, 297-30
2. Boley B.A., Weiner J.H., 1960, Theory of Thermal Stresses, Wiley, New York
3. Canon W., 1955, Vibrations of heated beams, Ph.D. Thesis, Columbia University, New York
4. Deresiewicz H., 1958, Solution of the equations of thermoelasticity, Proceedings of Third U.S. National Congress of Applied Mechanics, 287-305
Titles of references orginally published not in English, should be translated into English and formulated as follows:
5. Huber M.T., 1904, Specific work of strain as a measure of material effort (in Polish), Czasopismo Techniczne, XXII, 3, 80-81
All the data should be reported in SI units.
* * * * * * * *
New JTAM offer for short communication!
Since July 2013 short research communications will be accepted for publication in JTAM with all the requirements concerning standard publications, exctept volume that will be limitec to 4 pages. The first short communications are expected to appear in Vol. 52 (2014).